Title: Key Statistics on Halloween Casualties
Organisation: North East Regional Road Safety Resource
Date uploaded: 30th October 2019
Date published/launched: October 2019
The bulletin looks at road casualties casualties associated with Halloween. While it is is specific to the North East, it has thrown out results which may be helpful for other road safety professionals planning any campaigns/social media etc. related to Halloween.
- 26% of casualties on Halloween were pedestrians
- 55% of pedestrians injured on Halloween were under 17
- 63% of injured pedestrians under 17 were aged between 7 and 12
- Most casualties were injured after 16:00
- Most casualties were injured on unclassified roads away from a formal
The bulletin concludes that, taking the evidence provided into account, children aged under 17 years would benefit from messages related to pedestrian road safety on Halloween. Focus could be given to safely crossing the road and not been distracted when crossing.
For more information contact:
T: 0191 433 3308