Title: Drive it Home (young drivers' campaign)
Organisation: National Federation of Young Farmers' Clubs (NFYFC)
Date uploaded: 24th April 2013
Date published/launched: November 2012
Many YFCs will have lost members in tragic road accidents and statistics show that rural young drivers are 37% more likely to be injured in a road accident than those who live in urban areas.
The Drive it Home campaign aims to:
• Educate YFC members on how to stay safe on rural roads and change attitudes to help them become better drivers.
• Create Drive it Home Champions to promote safer driving in their local communities and peer groups.
• Offer opportunities for YFC members to improve their driving skills.
• Ensure that all 644 Young Farmers Clubs deliver some form of road safety awareness training in 2013.
• Carry out further research to better understand the common causes of crashes involving rural young drivers and investigate differing regional trends.
For more information contact:
T: 02476 857 212
Help Forum posts
SCP Survival Guide
Janette Francis (19.10.18)
Outsourcing road safety education in schools
Louise Martin (15.10.18)
Mobility Scooter users - training
Julie Jones (12.10.18)
Safety outside primary schools
Martina Byrne-Obee (04.10.18)
Conspicuity of School Buses
Ross Bartlett (01.10.18)