Body Cams for School Crossing Patrols

Home Page Forums Help Forum: Other Topics Body Cams for School Crossing Patrols

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Janet Fairhead
    Participant

I am a School Crossing Patrol Manager in Hertfordshire and I would be interested in knowing from other authorities if they are using Body Cams for their School Crossing Patrols. If so, could you please advise me of the make and cost as well as advising me if you have found them useful. I am aware that other authorities have used them in the past and I am wondering whether they are still in operation.

Kealie
    Participant

Hi, I am aware that some do wear body cams, however I would be very grateful if you would email saferhighways.co.uk because they are working on awareness of road worker abuse and it would be really good for them to include other roadside workers such as yourself in order to get greater awareness for you too. They are developing an app which allows for a single reporting system, that may be of benefit.
    Regards
    Kealie Franklin, CEO ARTSM

Ann Grant
    Participant

I am a SCP Manager at Greenwich and we looked at patrols wearing body cams and having poles with built in cameras some years ago. This was raised at our London group meetings also.

It was agreed that they changed the perception of drivers towards these staff and could put them at increased risk. Cost was also a factor as was the issues with recording at sites and storage for use.

Regards

Ann Grant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.