June 10, 2021 at 10:20 am #16933Paul BinnieParticipant
Do you own and or use a seat belt sled ? If so may be you could help with the following questions:
• Do you have a company to service the sled ,if so who ? And are they qualified to do so?
• How often do you have the sled serviced?
• Do you have any form of certification to confirm the sled is safe to use?
• Have you experienced any health and safety issues that have arisen when using the sled?
• Any other information/experience of your use of a sled great fully received
RSO Medway CouncilJune 10, 2021 at 9:51 pm #16936Andy GardenParticipant
Hi, seen and used along with ‘rollover by cars’outside of UK. Not seen any in Uk for years and just assumed they were no longer used!June 11, 2021 at 9:09 am #16937Julie FinnParticipant
We at WSCC still own a Seat Belt Sled, however, it hasn’t been used for many years (over 10 years or so?). It was never something I got specifically involved in back then and so don’t have all of the answers to your questions, but I have stumbled across various docs we used for it back then if that could be any help to you (such as Risk Assessments etc). I don’t know who would have serviced it unfortunately but am trying to find out for you and will come back to you on that.
Please let me know if you would like to see any of our RA’s.
JulieJune 14, 2021 at 11:23 am #16938Keith MillardParticipant
• Do you have a company to service the sled ,if so who ? And are they qualified to do so? – we use an approved MOT test garage/centre who are also used to service our vehicles. They carry out a general safety check of the tyres, lights, mechanism and seat belt. The seat belt is renewed each year regardless of how often it has been used
• How often do you have the sled serviced? – the sled is serviced annually
• Do you have any form of certification to confirm the sled is safe to use? – we only have the invoice for the safety check
• Have you experienced any health and safety issues that have arisen when using the sled? – no
• Any other information/experience of your use of a sled great fully received – we have a safety notice fixed to the sled and appropriate RA in place for its operation. The staff manning the sled MUST be suitability trained and always work in pairs.
If you need any further information then please don’t hesitate to email me or ring 07583 078058
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.