Organisation: RAC Foundation
Date of publication: 2020
Date uploaded: 19 January 2021
Each year the RAC Foundation invites a range of experts to use their analytical skills and specialist tools to interrogate and interpret a whole host of transport-related datasets to provide a better understanding of the way we travel in the UK. Normally this is done in person, but in 2020 Covid-19 forced the event online.
Select from the following videos to hear the contributors talk about their projects.
• The cost of network disruption: looking at the impact of diesel spills on major roads
• Travel during lockdown: looking at the local picture
• Car club data: a framework for sharing car club data with councils
• Road casualty statistics: changes to police collected STATS19 crash data
• The power of R: how statistical software means better road safety
• Using machine learning to understand road collisions: identifying areas with similar road crash statistics
• Spot the difference: using computer vision to update road asset registers
• Driven by information: how to harness the benefits of connected vehicles
• Who uses the M25? Where are people coming from and going to?
Access the presentations via the RAC Foundation website: